Pearson is proud to introduce Vuma, our new reading instruction programme with stories that have been developed and written in the mother tongue. Fun, age-appropriate stories centre around a diverse group of loveable characters to whom all South African children can relate.
Why choose Vuma?
- Finely-levelled reading instruction programme
- Specifically developed for teaching and assessing reading in the Foundation Phase
- Stories have been individually developed around the structure and vocabulary of the
language for which it was written
The Vuma Reading Instruction Programme includes the following resources:
- Finely-levelled Readers and Big Books with stories that will delight both boys and girls.
- Engaging Workbooks with activities to entrench reading and comprehension skills.
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Guides with detailed guidance, lesson plans and assessments.
- Colourful Alphabet frieze designed specfically for the classroom.
- Audio stories include all the stories read aloud by professional storytellers.
- Practical demonstrations of effective reading instruction in our Teacher Training Series DVD
- Durable double-sided Context Cards
- A set of 11 A3 full-colour posters introduce the characters and their homes.
Vuma is currently available for Afrikaans, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Sepedi Home Languages as well as English First Additional Language.