Learning to Fly and other stories: Short Stories for Grade 12: Anthology and study notes
Author(s):Notes and activities by Dyer, D; Hoepner, L; Radus, C
Consultant: Satyo, P
Grade(s): Grade 12
Learning to Fly and other stories contains all the short stories prescribed for Grade 12 English First Additional Language, as well as excellent guidance for understanding the stories and preparing for the final examination.
The following unique features provide extensive support for learners writing the National Senior Certificate:
• Pre-reading activities for each story;
• A short summary of each story;
• A biography of each writer;
• A glossary for each story;
• Questions to consolidate understanding of each story;
• Questions to develop an appreciation of the language and style of each story;
• A glossary of terms for literature study;
• Sample exam questions; and
• References for further study.